NSW LGAs and their train stations.

This week is yet another week where I do not really have a blog post, mostly just showing something I have been spending some time on. Sorry about that, computer issues have made it difficult to write a proper post.

Last week I made mention of possibly making a spreadsheet comprising of NSW LGAs, and how many of them each one had.

Well, I ended up making that, so here it is!

Station list largely consists of every station of New South Wales (that is not a part of Sydney), and the LGA that station is located in.

Station count just shows the LGA and the number of stations located in that LGA.

Some notes:

- About fifty-six LGAs are featured here, and not every LGA in New South Wales even shows up on here.

- I included Canberra station on this list because the ACT only has one railway station, so I put it in here.

- The LGA with the most stations is the City of Wollongong, at a whopping 25 stations! Second place is the Central Coast Council, with a measly thirteen. The City of Wollongong consists of every station between Helensburgh and Dapto (and includes the Port Kembla branch line in its entirety).

- A few stations are in LGAs of the same name (Griffith is located in the Griffith City Council for example), something I found somewhat interesting.

- I do not have much else to say due to a lack of knowledge about New South Wales, leave some comments on this blog on the document if you like!


So that is it for this blog, you can find me rambling on twitter here, or you can subscribe to the blog for more interesting content. I am hoping that next weeks blog will be about station names on the Dandenong line, so tune in for that next Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Station Names on Melbourne's Sunbury Line

Station Names on Melbourne's Williamstown Line

Station Names on Melbourne's Upfield Line